The Android platform is the only device platform that allows users to do anything they want with them. Changing device icons is one of the most popular customizations that users like to do. Due to a large number of Android customizations, various applications and methods are available to facilitate the process.
Additionally, users can make a few changes, and the best part is that they can create their own icon app. In spite of the same availability, some users are getting confused with these changing custom icons. Today, we will tell you everything you need to know about setting custom icons.
How to Set Custom Icons for Your Android Apps
Creating custom icons is the process of setting up icons that are beyond the default Android settings that can be customized in many ways, such as using any desired image, changing icon design, etc. With the help of Google Play Store applications, it is very easy to set custom icons.
To create a customized icon, you must prepare a custom icon that you want to replace the app’s default icon with. Below are a few steps that will help you accomplish that task. Hence, without further ado, let’s get started.
How to Create Your Own Custom App Icon
Here, we are using images (cropped as Square Shapes) as an example of customized icons. Therefore, you can also use pre-designed icons. Both procedures are simple and the same.
- First, visit the website and upload your desired image.
- The next step is to allow the program to remove the background of that image.
- The image will be saved to your device once you tap on download.
- You have now created your own custom app icon.
How to Set a Custom Created Icon
Custom icons can be set for Android apps using various launchers. In order to have a smooth user experience, we are using Nova Launcher which allows you to create custom icons for your Android apps. Let’s proceed to the below-mentioned steps without further discussion.
- From the given link, you can download the Nova Launcher.
- Launch the downloaded launcher.
- Go to the Setup Page.
- Find the Android app for which you want the custom icon.
- Select edit from the pop-up menu when you tap on that app.
- On the Edit shortcut Page, tap the app icon.
- Select Gallery apps and tap on the Gallery icon.
- Next, tap on the image you previously edited for the custom icon.
- To apply the changes, tap on Done.
- You will now see your own customized icon.
In conclusion, these are the steps you can follow to design your own Android icon. Nevertheless