In this article, we’ll show you how to hide programs from the Control Panel in Windows 10.
In Windows 10, how can I hide programs in the Control Panel?
It could be done in a number of ways. Follow these step-by-step instructions.
- Open the Registry
The Registry Editor can be found using Windows Search.
- Users of 32-bit Windows
- Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Then click Software, followed by Microsoft.
- Under that, click on Windows, followed by Current Version.
- Scroll down and select Uninstall.
- 64-bit Windows users
- Select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
- Next, click on Software and then WOW6432NODE
- After selecting Microsoft, select Windows
- Let’s move on to the current version.
- The last step is to select the Uninstall option.
- To hide that application, simply locate its folder.
- Right-click on the right side and select “DWOR.”
- Set the value to 1 and name it System Component.
- You now need to restart your computer.
Your selected application will be hidden. You can then delete that file or change the value to 0 if you want Control Panel to show the application.
This guide should help you hide programs and features in the control panel.